Friday, June 5, 2009

Sharing

Great idea, Ben! I added two people to the thread. Sharing information is one of the positive things with today’s technology. And so SHARING is my first tip/contribution. Not just sharing ideas and recipes, but sharing food and produce. We have eggs we share with others, they in turn share things they have: excess lettuce, a basket of apples. My sister, Brenda, will cook a big batch of something and then share the excess with us. When I have excess I, in turn, take it over to her. Sometimes I do it purposely, if I get a good deal on ground meats I buy a little extra and make two meatloafs so I can give one to her. Or if I find a good deal that is more than we can eat I still get it and share it with Ben and Alison! Produce will be coming into season strong soon so it will be a good time for sharing…zucchini, tomatoes, apples. I always say YES when someone asks if I could use something they have extra of, if I can’t eat it right away I freeze it or can it. And of course, every person who loves to cook knows the best food is the fresh food! This sharing not only saves everyone money, it broadens your thinking and when it is cooked food from someone else, gives you new recipe ideas! So, make an extra large pot of soup and offer it up to someone you know who lives close and would be open to sharing the next time they make a batch! Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment