Friday, June 5, 2009

I too love to share. When we go to Happy Valley, we always stop off at the little grocery store near the house; I love the California fresh veggies & local olive oil they always have there…and I usually pick up a couple batches of fresh basal to take home and make garlic pesto. I then take a container of pesto across the street to my neighbor who takes care of my birds while we are at HV…nice little cycle. Patrice

okay then, recipe for your garlic pesto? Tam

Take one food processorTake a bunch of basal (cut off stems and cram the processor full)Take a bunch of fresh garlicTake ½ cup of any type of finely grated cheese of choiceTake ¼ cup of fresh pine nutsLittle salt & pepperTurn on processor and pour in extra, extra V O Oil until you get the consistence you want from your pesto (the key is to get it as creamy as possible) Take ¼ cup and put it in the rice cooker while you are making rice…Take a cup to your neighbor. Patrice

Just a side note…the cheese must be a hard cheese. Patrice

YUM!! you don't toast the pine nuts? Tam

Sure, it’s your pesto, do what ever you wish!! Patrice

No comments:

Post a Comment